The Reflections program at Jeffco generally involves over 50 schools and 750 art entries. Accepting, judging, hanging, and celebrating this program takes many, many hands. We need you! Each local school must provide at lease one volunteer for at least one shift for the Jeffco District level of reflections. Shifts are 3-4 hours long, usually on a Saturday or Sunday, and take place at Red Rocks Community College.
Turn-in Day: Accept entries from school and ensure that they adhere to the rules and are ready to hang.
Judging Day: Prepare entries for judges to view, collect entries and re-file for hang day after the judges are finished.
Hang Day: Place nametags on entries, hang on walls for the week-long art show.
Open House: Greet visitors and help them to find entries on walls. Answer questions as they come up.
Awards Receptions: Greet visitors, hand out programs, set up refreshments, clean up.
Take Down Day: Take down the show, sort entries by school for pick up by the local chairs.
Signup for volunteer slots is done through SignUp. Please click this link to be taken to the page.
If you absolutely cannot make it on one of the dates needed, we have a limited number of other tasks that can be done at home, including stuffing and stamping invitation envelopes, placing tags on literature pieces, and other errands. Please email us if you would like one of these tasks instead.
- Volunteer slot filled online (this should be done as soon as possible, rather than waiting until the last day)
- Download and fill out the Excel sheet for entries advancing to Jeffco only. Be sure to fill out both sheets of the Reflections Winners Log and scroll up and down and side to side to make sure you fill out all information. (Note: this is a new form for 2016. Please do not use last year’s form.)
- Save your excel sheet with your school name and send by email to email@example.com
November 4th: Turn in Entries to Jeffco PTA
Red Rocks CC Community Room (downstairs)
9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. (Note: if you volunteer for this day please be prepared for your shift and either check in your entries early or after your shift)
Check list for turn-in day at Jeffco:
- Complete and email Excel sheet
- Make sure your PTA is in good standing
- Have visual arts and photo entries ready to hang with complete Name Sheet on back. Put literature, music, dance, and film entries in a 3-ring page protector. See Preparing pieces for turn-in.
- Bring copies of all student entry forms
November 11th: Judging Day (Visual Arts and Photography) for Jeffco District at Red Rocks Community College
December 2nd: Hang Day for the district, 9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
December 3rd: Open House
11 am- 3 pm: Open House for all who continued to the district. Entries will remain on display through December 10, during Red Rocks CC open hours.
December 3rd: Awards reception
ONLY for students receiving Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit from the Jeffco district judging process. Invitations will be sent directly to the students. Local chairs are also welcome to attend.
3:30 pm- 4:30 pm: Visual Arts, Music Composition and Film Production
5:30 pm- 6:30 pm: Photography, Literature and Dance Choreography
December 10th: Take Down Day/ Pick Up Your Artwork
11 am – 2 pm, Red Rocks Community College, Community Room (downstairs), see map on site You MUST sent someone to pick up your artwork. We do not have the manpower deliver artwork to the schools.