Jeffco PTA is here to help you run your PTA
Running a PTA is fun and rewarding, but it’s also an important responsibility.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF OFFICERS AND CHAIRMEN
All PTA officers/chairmen must understand policies and procedures as stated in your bylaws and standing rules and be committed to performing them correctly and completely.
- Attend and participate in meetings
- Review and maintain the procedure book and files for the position
- Abide by the will of the majority
- Respect the privacy of the business of the executive board
- Protect the privacy of all members by not allowing distribution of membership lists to outside interests
- Meet deadlines and fulfill assignments promptly
- Give accurate and detailed account of all monies entrusted to them
- Delegate instead of doing it all yourself
- Develop and strengthen leadership
- Attend conferences, workshops and conventions
- Ensure a good transition by passing on all resources and records
- Resign if unable to perform the required duties of the office.
Members of the executive board are specified in the association bylaws. The officers, chairmen of standing committees, the principal of the school, or a representative appointed by the principal, and a teacher representative, and/or student representative(s) all of whom shall be members of that PTA/PTSA. The board should reflect the school community.
The newly elected Executive Board should meet as soon as elected and survey the school community to submit suggestions for the programs and fundraisers for the upcoming year. Click Here Learn more about starting a new term of office. (coming soon)
We have many resources for you as well as your own Articulation Area Vice President (AAVP), whose job is to help be your PTA liaison. If you do not know who your AAVP s, CLICK HERE to be taken to our contact page where you can find a full listing of contact resources. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.